Sunday 16 November 2014

#SELFIE directed by

I was waiting for the tube at King's Cross the first time I said the word 'selfie' out loud. It was August of 2013 and selfie was ready to become a thing. My friend and I were trying, and possibly failing, to take a picture of us when a blond guy asked if he could help. I laughed and thanked him, but no: 'It's called selfie for a reason.'
I've never imagined back then that 'selfie' would be The Oxford Dictionaries Word of the Year 2013. Now, selfie is kind of a mania. Either we're having a great time, a bad time or simply a meh time, we feel the urge of turning our moments into shots to post on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or wherever we can get a bunch of likes and some sympathy.
So one day I came up with this unusual idea of combining selfies and cinema. I was making fun of a friend totally psyched about viral videos and stuff, but he actually liked it and there you go. We chose 7 directors among the most iconic of contemporary cinematography (from Quentin Tarantino to Wes Anderson, via Woody Allen and David Lynch) and imagined what a selfie directed by them would look like.
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment